SINGAPORE DIGITAL OFFICE’S HAWKERS GO DIGITAL
“SCAN, PAY, WIN” LUCKY DRAW
Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”)
- The promotion (“Lucky Draw”) is organised by Info-communications Media Development Authority (“IMDA”) (which includes the Singapore Digital Office (“SDO”)) under the Hawkers Go Digital initiative (“HGD Initiative”) and is open to all individuals:
- Winning Participants will be drawn from individuals who perform Qualifying Transactions (as defined in Clauses 1c to 1g) (“Winning Participants”). The Winning Participants shall be drawn from NETS transaction database(s) in the presence of an IMDA/SDO appointed auditor.
- There is no age restriction for eligibility, however, any Winning Participant who is under 18 years of age at the time of collection of prize monies must be accompanied by a parent/guardian during collection or provide written consent of a parent/guardian.
- Qualifying Transactions must be made using e-payments from the following participating payments schemes/wallets:
- DBS PayLah! and DBS digibank mobile apps
- Diners SG Pay
- EZ-Link Wallet
- OCBC Pay Anyone
- Razer Pay
- Singtel Dash
- SLIDE Wallet
- UOB Mighty QR Pay
- Qualifying Transactions must be made during the following periods:
- 1 – 30 November 2020
- 1 – 31 December 2020
- 1 – 31 January 2021
- Qualifying Transactions must be at participating stalls who have adopted the Unified E-payment Scheme (“UePS”) under the HGD Initiative. These include:
- registered stallholders at the NEA hawker centres
- registered stallholders at the HDB coffeeshops and
- registered stallholders at the JTC industrial canteens
- Qualifying Transactions must be at least S$1.00. Each Qualifying Transaction can qualify for multiple chances. Each S$1.00 spent (up to a limit of S$100.00) will qualify for one chance.
- IMDA/SDO may set their own internal policies relating to the eligibility of their staff to win prizes under the Lucky Draw. Such internal policies, relating to their own staff, may also be set by participating schemes/wallets and or other service providers related to the Lucky Draw.
- Winning stallholders (“Winning Stallholders”) will be determined as follows:
- the stallholder must have signed up for the UePS under the HGD initiative;
- the stallholder must have and continue to maintain the UePS registration as at the time of disbursement of prize monies; and
- the stallholder at whose stall a Winning Participant’s transaction took place will be considered a Winning Stallholder.
- Winning Participants and Winning Stallholders must consent to their names being recorded or published (with the necessary masking of personal information) in compliance with any applicable regulation or rules pertaining to lucky draws. Winning Participants or Winning Stallholders who are not agreeable to such record or publication will not be able to receive the prizes which will then be donated to charity.
Lucky Draw Prizes, Qualifying Periods, and Draw Dates
- Prizes for the Lucky Draw are as follows:
- Monthly Winning Participant - First prize of S$4,888
- Monthly Winning Participant - Runner-up prize of S$2,888
- Monthly Winning Participant - 40 consolation prizes of S$500 each
- Monthly Winning Stallholder – 42 prizes of S$500 each based on where the Winning Participant’s Qualifying Transaction took place
- Monthly Qualifying Period (each a “Qualifying Period”) and Draw Dates:
- 1 – 30 November 2020 (Draw date 22 December 2020)
- 1 – 31 December 2020 (Draw date 26 January 2021)
- 1 – 31 January 2021 (Draw date 24 February 2021)
Conduct of Lucky Draw and Fulfilment
- Selection of Winners
- Winning Participants will be selected at random from NETS transaction database(s) by computerised means in the presence of an IMDA/SDO appointed auditor.
- Winning Participants are able to win prizes over multiple monthly draws during the applicable Qualifying Period.
- Winning Participants are limited to a maximum of one (1) prize per month based on the particular payment scheme/wallet which they have used.
The above conditions and restrictions do not apply in respect of Winning Stallholders.
- Notification of Winners
- Winning Participants will be notified by the respective payment schemes/wallets. Winning Stallholders will be notified by IMDA.
- Winning Participants and Winning Stallholders shall have fourteen (14) working days from the date of being contacted to provide their full contact information and consent that such information (appropriately masked) may be published by IMDA/SDO on the Lucky Draw website (go.gov.sg/scanpaywin).
- Winning Participants and Winning Stallholders who do not provide their full contact information or do not consent to the publication of their information, shall be deemed to have rejected their prizes, which shall be donated to charity.
- Crediting of the monthly prizes will be done within twenty (20) working days after the period where the Winning Participants have been notified and have consented to the publication of their information as set out above.
- IMDA/SDO reserves the right to draw reserve Winning Participants to replace any Winning Participant who is or may be subsequently found to be ineligible or disqualified. All prizes which are not won or remain unclaimed after two (2) months of the Draw of the Winning Participants shall be donated to the Community Chest.
- Participation in the Lucky Draw pursuant to the HGD Initiative is subject to these T&Cs. Usage of the UePS during the Qualifying Period shall be deemed as consent to participate in this Lucky Draw and acceptance of these T&Cs, including any amendments, additions, replacements, variations and modifications thereto.
- Participants agree to be bound by and to comply with these T&Cs. Non-compliance with or breach of any of these T&Cs may disqualify a participant at any stage of the Lucky Draw, and any prize monies won by the participant may be forfeited, withheld, withdrawn or reclaimed by IMDA/SDO upon written demand.
- In the event of any erroneous payments to Winning Participants or Winning Stallholders are made, or in the event that any misconduct, false declaration, dishonesty or misrepresentation on the part of a participant is subsequently discovered, any prize monies won by the Winning Participants or Winning Stallholders may be forfeited, withheld, withdrawn or reclaimed by the participating payment schemes/wallets and/or by IMDA/SDO upon written demand.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these T&Cs and the terms of any brochure, marketing or promotional material relating to the Lucky Draw, these T&Cs shall prevail.
- IMDA/SDO may at any time at its sole and absolute discretion, without notice or assigning any reason thereof: (a) substitute, withdraw, add to or alter any of the prizes; (b) suspend, withdraw or terminate the Lucky Draw; or (c) delete, vary, supplement, amend or modify these T&Cs in such manner as IMDA/SDO deems fit, including without limitation, the eligibility of participants, the bases and methods of identification of any Winning Participant(s) and any dates in connection with the Lucky Draw, the Lucky Draw period, number of draws and Lucky Draw dates. IMDA/SDO shall not, to the extent permitted by law, be liable to for any claims, costs, expenses, loss or damage suffered by any person as a result of the aforementioned changes. Any amendments to the T&Cs will be posted on the relevant IMDA/SDO website (go.gov.sg/scanpaywin)
- IMDA/SDO accepts no responsibility for any Qualifying Transactions that are delayed, misdirected, or for whatsoever reason (including but not limited to incomplete payment details, technical glitches, system or infrastructure failures, delays in transmission etc) have failed to be included in the Lucky Draw.
- IMDA/SDO’s decision on all matters regarding the Lucky Draw is final, conclusive and binding, and no enquiries or appeals, either verbal or written, shall be entertained. All participants including the Winning Participants and Winning Stallholders shall accept and abide by any and all decisions made by SDO concerning, without limitation, these T&Cs, the rules, procedures and regulations of the Lucky Draw, the award of prizes and any other matters relating to the Lucky Draw.
- IMDA/SDO accepts no responsibility for any tax or other liability that may arise from the prize winnings. Prizes are subject to availability and IMDA/SDO has the right to substitute any prize for a comparable prize of equal or greater value to be awarded in lieu, subject to any applicable law.
- IMDA/SDO shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death in the connection with the Lucky Draw, or any prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The Lucky Draw and these T&Cs shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore and all participants (including the Winning Participants) are deemed to have agreed to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts.
- A person who is not subject to these T&Cs shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B) to enforce any terms of such agreement.